Post on Instagram with your
Japanese railways celebrated 150 years of operation in October 2022.
Please tell us about the "train trip in Japan" you would most recommend such as unique trains, beautiful scenery from train windows, and memorable station buildings.
If you post a picture or a video about the railways with the hashtag "#discoverjapan_jr" on Instagram, you will get a nice present.
Entry to the Campaign
Download the Instagram app and follow the @jrgroupinstacp account.
Take pictures and videos.
Please take photos and videos about the railways such as "trains", "scenery from train windows" and "station buildings" which you would most recommend during your trip in Japan.
Post your pictures and videos.
Post photos and videos on Instagram with the hashtag "#discoverjapan_jr" and introduce them in
a language other than Japanese.
We will hold a lottery to give out a train pass to allow the winner to travel around the designated areas of Japan
- Posting and Application Period
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 to Friday, March 31, 2023
- The 6 JR companies will give out train passes that can be used during a trip in Japan (5 persons each, 30 persons in total).
- ・JR Hokkaido Prize：Hokkaido Rail Pass 5-day
- ・JR East Prize：JR EAST PASS (Tohoku area) 5-day
- ・JR Central Prize：Takayama–Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass 5-day
- ・JR West Prize：JR-WEST All Area Pass
- ・JR Shikoku Prize：ALL SHIKOKU Rail Pass 7-day
- ・JR Kyushu Prize：JR KYUSHU RAIL PASS All Kyushu 7Days
- All of the following conditions must be met
- - People living outside Japan
- - Those who have a valid passport issued by a country other than Japan
- - Following the "#discoverjapan_jr" hashtag Posting Campaign Official Instagram Account “@jrgroupinstacp", and having your account set to public
- - Agreeing to the Rules for application of Campaign
- Notification of Winning a Prize
- - Winners will be chosen by lottery from Applicants who meet the above requirements, and will be contacted via direct message from the official Instagram account.
- - Notification to winners is scheduled to take place from the middle to the end of April 2023. (The exact timing may vary.)
- Please check here for the full Rules for application.
- *To use the prize (pass), the condition is that you have a passport issued by a country other than Japan that is valid when you win the prize and when you visit Japan, and a visa for a short-term stay.
JR Group Instagram
Journey around Japan by train
Please select the area you want to see
- JR Hokkaido area
- JR East area
- JR Central area
- JR West area
- JR Shikoku area
- JR Kyushu area
JR Hokkaido area
Ryuhyo Monogatari Train
Abashiri Station - Shiretoko-Shari Station
JR East area
Tōkyō Station（Marunouchi side)
Aizu-Wakamatsu Station - Koide Station
Kakunodate Samurai District Autumn Foliage
Akita Prefecture（Kakunodate Station)
Zao onsen ski resort/Snow Monster
Yamagata Prefecture（Yamagata Station・Sendai Station）
JR Central area
Shizuoka Station - Kakegawa Station
Ltd. Express Hida
Sakakami Station - Tsunogawa Station
Kinno Station on Iida Line
JR West area
Hello Kitty HARUKA © ’22 SANRIO CO., LTD. APPR. NO. L634567
Hello Kitty HARUKA
Kansai-Airport Station - Kyoto Station
Kyoto railway museum
Kyoto Pref.(Umekoji-Kyotonishi Station)
Kinosaki Onsen Town
Hyogo Pref.(Kinosakionsen Station)
Kurashiki Bikan Historical Area
Okayama Pref.（Kurashiki Station）
JR Shikoku area
SHIKOKU MANNAKA SENNEN MONOGATARI
Tadotsu Station - Oboke Station
Oboke Station - Koboke Station
seaside unmanned station
Matsuyama Station - Iyo-Ozu Station・Yawatahama Station
JR Kyushu area
YUFUIN NO MORI
Hakata Station - Yufuin Station - Beppu Station
Kumamoto Pref.(Aso Station)
TWO STARS 4047
Takeo-onsen Station - Nagasaki Station
Kagoshima Pref.(Kagoshima-Chuo Station)